Who are we?
Alwoodley, Roundhay and Moortown (ARM) Children Centre Group work in partnership with local Health Visitors to form one Early Start Team. Together we provide services to support children and their families from conception to 5 years old to improve their outcomes, health, life chances and to prepare them for school.
What do we do?
The Children’s Centre work in partnership with a number of private, voluntary and statutory agencies to deliver a wide range of activities for all children and families to access. and to enable us to offer a multi-disciplinary package of support to meet a child and family’s individual needs.
We have a team of Family Support Workers that work restoratively with the children and families to empower them to make positive changes. The Family Support Workers are able to undertake Dynamic Early Help Assessments of a child and family’s needs and plan a tailored package of support.
In addition, we offer a range of universal and targeted services to support all families within the ARM reach area these include:
- Play and Learning sessions – to help parents understand and support their children’s development and learning and prepare them for school
- Breastfeeding support group
- Antenatal course (Preparation for Birth and Beyond)
- Evidence based parenting courses – HENRY (Health, Exercise and Nutrition for the Really Young), Webster Stratton’s Incredible Years, Family Caring Trust’s 0-6s, First Aid and a range of family learning sessions.
- Information and access to local childcare options and home based child carers (childminder services)
- Information on local services and events
- Links to Jobcentre Plus and Adult Education including ESOL classes.
- Dynamic Family Assessments to identify and support a child and family’s needs.
- 1-1 or group support and advice on parenting, education, housing, debt, behaviour management, home safety and access to specialist services for families.
Making a Request for Service?
The Children’s Centre can accept referrals from all professionals, parents and carers by filling out a simple Request for Services form. This must always be done with permission and, where possible, in partnership with the child and parents/carers it concerns. The information will be shared within the Early Start Team and the most appropriate member of staff will be allocated to the case and take responsibility to contacting and assessing the family’s needs.
How can you get involved?
The Children’s Centre holds regular Advisory Board meetings, the Board’s purpose is to support and challenge the Children’s Centre on how services can be developed in line with the needs of local families. If you are a professional or practitioner from a local school, health visiting team, pre-school/nursery or a childminder you can join the Advisory Board to offer your knowledge and help develop and shape the services we offer.
If you would like more information about our services, make a request for services or to join the Advisory Board, please speak to a member of staff, phone 0113 2170134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org more details.
ARM Children’s Centre Group,
C/O Allerton C of E Primary School,
Leeds, LS17 7HL